You are encouraged to link, pass along to others, and/or reprint
these articles electronically or on paper, as long as the following
credit line is used: © Copyright Tracy Brown, www.DiversityTrends.com.
top ten tips for employees
Diversity training often results in increased awareness for participants.
They appreciate subtle differences they didnt notice before.
They recognize things they do and say which might create communication
barriers. And they get frustrated because theyre not sure
what they could be actively doing to support diversity initiatives
in their organization.
Tracys Top Ten Tips for Employees:
- Initiate contact with someone whose cultural background is different
from your own.
- Check out your own biases.
- Practice asking 3 questions for every statement.
- Share your own story.
- Identify at least one new source for information or business
- Learn a new language.
- Visit a museum or historical monument of a culture different
from your own.
- Volunteer to work with children whose cultural background is
different from your own.
- Take risks.
- Listen for understanding, not agreement.
If you apply these tips you will make significant progress as you
move from increased awareness to consistent action which supports
your organizations commitment to diversity!
Tracy Brown is the President
of Diversity Trends. She works with organizations that want to use
diversity as a strategic advantage and with people who want to be
successful in multicultural settings.Transforming your organizations
diversity awareness into diversity action is not hard to do. Start