You are encouraged to link, pass along to others, and/or reprint
these articles electronically or on paper, as long as the following
credit line is used: © Copyright Tracy Brown, www.DiversityTrends.com.
diversity tips for managers
Diversity training often results in increased awareness for participants.
They appreciate subtle differences they didnt notice before.
They recognize things they do and say which might create communication
barriers. And they get frustrated because theyre not sure
what they could be actively doing to support diversity initiatives
in their organization.
Tracys Top Ten Tips for Managers:
- Check out your own biases.
- Involve employees in decisions.
- Explain the organizations commitment to diversity in positive
- Apply for a Learners Permit.
- Communicate your goals related to diversity.
- Ask for help.
- Be flexible when you can.
- Reward employees who take risks.
- Focus on equity, not impartiality.
- Find a mentor.
If you apply these tips you will make significant progress as you
move from increased awareness to consistent action which supports
your organizations commitment to diversity!
is the President of Diversity Trends. She works with organizations
that want to use diversity as a strategic advantage and with people
who want to be successful in multicultural settings.