You are encouraged to link, pass along to others, and/or reprint
these articles electronically or on paper, as long as the following
credit line is used: © Copyright Tracy Brown, www.DiversityTrends.com.
top ten tips for organizations
Transforming Awareness into Action: Ideas for Developing a Culture
Which Values Diversity Diversity training often results in increased
awareness for participants. They appreciate subtle differences they
didnt notice before. They recognize things they do and say
which might create communication barriers. And they get frustrated
because theyre not sure what they could be actively doing
to support diversity initiatives in their organization.
Tracys Top Ten Tips for Organizations
- Establish an employee hotline for questions or complaints.
- Sponsor dialogue groups.
- Identify 1-3 distinct priorities.
- Recognize positive role-models.
- Link cultural competence with compensation.
- Make it fun.
- Include diversity in every meeting.
- Focus on finding successes rather than highlighting mistakes.
- Provide options for continued personal development.
- Identify and support internal champions.
Transforming your organizations diversity awareness into
diversity action is not hard to do. Start today!
Tracy Brown is the President
of Person To Person Consulting. She works with organizations that
want to use diversity as a strategic advantage and with people who
want to be successful in multicultural settings.